What does Ofqual QCF Recognition mean to you?
When a qualification appears on the Ofqual Register of Regulated Qualifications it helps to demonstrate the programme's quality and credibility within a global learning marketplace.
Ofqual recognition ‘ensures that learners get the results their work merits and that the qualifications they receive count, both now and in the future’ www.ofqual.gov.uk
For more information http://www.ofqual.gov.uk/files/11-03-03-introducing-ofqual.pdf
QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework)
‘The QCF allows achievements to be recognised and recorded through the award of credits and qualifications. It supports the accumulation and transfer of credits and the easy identification of each achievement’s level and size. In this way, learners have maximum flexibility and range of opportunities and can be reliably recognised for their achievements.’
For a full list of ABP Ofqual Recognised qualifications please visit the ABP Ofqual Page.
Further Benefits of Ofqual / QCF Recognition
- Ofqual regulation provides confidence in qualifications that can be valued, trusted and meet student, employer and public expectations
- Ofqual regulation makes the qualifications market more efficient and offers security to the Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- It builds trust in the quality and standards of qualifications
- Provides greater flexibility and options in achieving full qualifications
- Increased efficiency in Visa applications
- Easier entrance into University with recognised qualifications
- Enables other agencies to recognize qualifications for different purposes
- Reinforces consistency in qualifications for learners and training providers
- Qualifications are approved on the basis of evidence
- QCF Units/credits facilitate comparison by colleges, HEI’s, employers
- For employers it can help mould bespoke qualifications for their specific needs and their industries future
- For employers it can provide recognised qualifications to strengthen the ability of the workforce and to hire employees with a recognised skill set